Present simple for general states and descriptions
Focus on present simple for personality descriptions
List your personality traits and divide them in weaknesses and strengths. Think about someone you know, how could you describe this person?
Expressing Feelings or States.
1. I feel more energized after I take a nap.
2. She works more since she is in the new position.
3. We are lucky we could get ticket.
4. Rick and Joe study in the same university.
5. I work every day from 9 to 5.
6 Marty is a brilliant student.
Asking about feelings
- How are you feeling today?
- You look sad/upset. Are you OK?
- You seem a little bit distracted. Are you alright?
- You seem kind of low today. What's wrong?
- You seem a little blue today. What's the matter?
- What's wrong?
- What's the matter?
- Are you OK/alright?
- Are you happy/angry/...?
- Is everything OK/alright/...?
- I feel a little sad/happy/angry/...
- I am a little sad/happy/angry/...
- To be honest, I'm a little bit sad/happy/angry/...
- It's been a difficult day.
- The thing is that I am angry/sad/...
- I am mad at him/her...